Monday

... i made a doodle


... yeah. that's right. i said it. i doodled. allllll over the place too. (giggle) i can't remember a time when i didn't pick up anything i could write with and draw, scribble, scrawl, make stars, planets, army men, explosions, or anything i could think of at the time. it always helped me deal with keeping focus, although many would say it was a method to focus my attention on something other than what i was supposed to be focused on.

some people are just wired differently. i've always had a helluva time staying centered, focused or 100% ON anything. A.D.D., never had that tested all the say through... hyperactive as a kid?, not really... but i do know that doodling was an outlet i learned to help me communicate my moods, feelings and it was very theraputic for me through tough times in my life.

my sketches and doodles have become less and less a norm as i grow older. spurts of creativity lend themselves to pages of useless visual babbling... a lot of nothing going nowhere... but occasionaly at the very least i can come up with either a fun collage like above from over 15 scanned sketches. thankfully, some of these actually made it to final products like here and here.

6 comments:

shannon said...

i've always loved your angry carrot...wait, that makes me sound like some kind of perv!

word: penhij

Jack K. said...

I am hooked. Is there a law against pandering to the funny bone? I can imagine it now, the comic nazis coming after all of us who demand and enjoy unfettered good fun.

You go, guy! I'll be back.

shannon said...

hey, why'd you block out the angry squirrel's bird?

bronxbt said...

shanny - original sketch didn't have it. it was left open for anything from a bird to a stein baby!

;)

Jen said...

I have always loved it when you doodled, and hope that you will do more.

doodle doodle doodle AWAY!

Kathryn said...

cool man.