Sunday

... somethin's sketchy

... or at least looks that way.

greatings all. welcome to my new blog that highlights creativity. for my entire life i've drawn, sketched, painted, made cartoons, characters of people, portraits and so much more.

this site will be my attempt to live up to, and perhaps defeat some of my biggest fears; "what people will think of me?" "will people like what i've created?" "does anything i create really effect people in any way?" "why do i care?"

i will highlight portions or entire works of mine i've created over the years. some may be just snippets, some may be entire panels that ran thru some form of syndication in papers or just through the casual viewer in prints long gone. almost allllll of this was done long before computers were the size of a book, and most done completely by hand. of course, in order to post these, i'll have had to scan them, clean them up, and some i took to the next level thanks to the beauty of photoshop.

i welcome your thoughts. i welcome your feedback. positive or not, it all helps make me a better person, a better artist, and most of all, i welcome hearing what you think of my work. most may not be exactly impactful in any way... but if it brings a smile to your face or generates real interest... please share with me your thoughts and reactions.

so with that, i bring you a snippit from my graphic novel called "reflections" a vampire named sean, has eternity and doesn't know what to do with it. he's moody, solemn, regretful and dark. (aren't they supposed to be like that?) i began this comic back in high school in 1987, long before the Anne Rice crap that tainted the entire genre. finished in 1993, i may choose to share more... who knows.

here we go..... thanks for joining me on the ride.


4 comments:

Jack K. said...

I accept the ticket to ride, and look forward to future works.

We all need something to drink to, don't we?

bronxbt said...

thanks for the commments Jack and Croak.

Keep in mind, (and this goes for anyone reading this) that this is new to me, regarding the posting of my work versus jes' silly sh*t.

my point is, if the tidbits occasionally seem vague or incomplete, it's because they are part of a greater whole. I'm hoping to showcase the "reflections" comic, for example, in 3-4 pane samples. it's up to a regular viewer to put them all together!

thanks to you all, stay tuned.

shannon said...

looking forward to it.

Jack K. said...

Yahoo! I love it when someone decides to express themselves, and the devil take the hindmost.

I will visit this space on a regular basis.

Yahoo! Huzzah!